Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving reflections

 We had a quiet, peaceful Thanksgiving.
We are used to huge family get-togethers, surrounded by brothers and sisters, grandmas and grandpas, food, cousins, nieces, nephews and the like all running around and filling their plates.
 It's grand!

So it's a bit strange for us to have a quiet day.

I spent some of the early morning baking bread.  And I'm rather proud of how it turned out.   Isn't it lovely?

 



My son helped a lot.  He even made the banana cream pudding himself
- at 7 am!
 
 



The little girls helped with fruit salad and setting the table, etc.
 
 


We covered the table with paper, put out a cup of markers, 
and they went to town- writing what they were thankful for.

 



 

Below are the entries:


 



 






 



 



 


 



 

My daughter and new son-in-law , enjoying their first Thanksgiving together!
Also, my youngest daughter (and Abby),  who is usually stuck like glue to Steve when he's around.
 They make a nice foursome, don't you think?

 



 
Thankfulness in all its simplicity.


 

Everyone waiting for dinner...and playing a little Rockband

 
  
My family! 




 
And my bread.... Isn't it lovely?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails