Sunday, December 13, 2009

Feeling Crafty

I guess I've been feeling a little creative lately.
I used to feel that way on a weekly or daily basis.  But that's when I had more time- time to think, time to dream, time to draw and create.

Then I was busy REALLY creating- conceiving and bearing children. 
What a  fulfilling, wondrous phase of life to be in.  
Talk about inspiration and imagination flowing through your veins!

That carried on through my children's babyhood  and continued...pretty much until I had several teens.

Don't get me wrong- I love teens.  They are great!  They just consume so much more of my energy.  Their needs are so much greater.  

So for a while now, I've been reeling a bit.  Trying to figure out how to be a good mother to teens while still finding time for myself.   'Cause I'm not always sure I should be a mother to these almost-adults!  How did I get to this point?

I'm still trying to figure it out. 
All I know is the time I put in is very worthwhile.  You don't always reap the benefits right away.  But I'm starting to.  Starting to hear from my older children that they appreciate me.  

 I'm finding some time to be creative:


I made a blanket for my youngest daughter,   
And



A cool (if I do say so myself) birthday cake for my new son-in-law.

 



 

And the smiles are my reward!



 


The cool cake idea was from the book 'Hello Cupcake!'
You can find it

                                          HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails