Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Birthday



My lovely oldest daughter was born in August.
Luckily, back then we lived on the Oregon coast so the late summer weather was bearable.

How amazing now to celebrate her birthday while she, herself,  is expecting a baby.

I've always made her birthday cakes.  
This year, because she is married, I wasn't sure she'd want me to.
When she asked, I smiled and said I'd love to!
It was a wonderful summer evening with our family, homemade pizza (her favorite garlic chicken) and cake.

Conversation these days is mostly about the baby.  Little Mallory.  Or Mally as we all call her already.  Can a baby have too many nicknames before it's born?
No?  Okay, good.
Because we also call her O'Malley (her last name will begin with an 'O'), Mally-girl,  and Li'l Mal.


We can't wait to see her in person!


1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous summer birthday! I am impressed with that cake. My mom will turn 50 soon and I am going to host a fun party for her. Have made the plans for vintage inspired bash. It will be a decent party at her favorite historical event venue in LA.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails