Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Slowing Down

I love Autumn.  I love the cooler days, the occasional rain and mist, and the desire to gather closer to home.
I love making soup and one of my favorite 'soup quotes' is this:
As the days grow short, some faces grow long.  But not mine.  Every autumn, when the wind turns cold and darkness comes early, I am suddenly happy.  It's time to start making soup again.  ~Leslie Newman

This time, last year, I was exploring Ireland....and indulging in amazing fresh seafood chowders.
For those who need a good, simple potato soup recipe, visit my post Here. 

 Autumn is also a great time to reflect on all the amazing fun summer brought us.  I was going through my camera and found some great moments to treasure:

The girls horse-back riding... 








Boating at the lake under the blue Idaho sky...






The fun of being near family again....

The Man of the House shaving his brother's head,



All the grown and semi-grown 'kids' of the family revisiting the Lego stash,



Birthday party for Mom with lots of laughter and noise,







Shooting guns- new and antique- out in the desert with the family on a summer evening,

and simply spending time together.


Each summer moment captured is precious!
Amid the craziness of moving and being uprooted once again, I have found that we still managed to have a fun-filled season.

Now I just have to get my oldest daughter and son-in-law close by to savor those memories. 
As Fall begins, reflect on your summer and count your many blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails