Friday, January 21, 2011

Sundry Items

I spent a lot of time yesterday finishing my blog post about my trip to Ireland.  Guilt was setting in that I hadn't yet completed it.  
The problem was my computer and the rate at which it uploaded photos.  
I was frustrated and exhausted...but it's done.  It's done!
I back dated it for October so if you'd like to read it you can... here!


Today, in honor of my new Valentine themed background, I want to share a bit of love.
As I sit here, eating my bowl of Raisin Bran in a quiet house, 
I'd like to share my recent  appreciation for things completely unrelated to one another.
Here they are in no order whatsoever:

Our young hens are beginning to lay eggs.
How fun it is for the girls- to find miniature eggs in the nest. 
The great thing about hens is that they leave you a gift in return for their care.
If only cows could leave paper-wrapped cuts of meat for us to collect!
Wouldn't that be nice?

 I so enjoy my Geraniums in winter!  
There is nothing like having cheerful, fresh blooms in your kitchen while it's snowing outside.

Speaking of snow...

I have to admit- I love winter.  
I love the view out my window.
Love the sun setting off the sparkles in the snow.
Love watching the deer play follow the leader over fences.
Love bundling up in warm clothes and wearing my fur-lined slippers.
Still, I can't wait for spring!
I guess I simply enjoy the cycle of seasons.

And the cycle of life:
Watching my daughter become a mother,
learning to care for her own daughter,
feeling the depth of that amazing love. 




It's true; good things do come in small packages.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, seeing pictures of Riah with Mallory make me tear up a little. I still can't wrap my head around it!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails