Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Carpe Diem!

Life is but a moment....Time is precious!
Live each day with meaning.


My Grandmother, Virginia,  with her little sister, Bonnie.



"Soon I will be an old, white-haired lady, into whose lap someone places a baby, saying, "Smile, Grandma!" - I, who myself so recently was photographed on my grandmother's lap.  ~ Live Ullmann 





                                                 

   My Grandmother, Virginia, with her sisters Arlene and Bonnie.

 
     My Grandmother, Virginia

"Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify, simplify."
                                        -Henry David Thoreau 


My Great-great grandparents, Joseph Lingard and Susan Lecky





"Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."
                                         -Ralph Waldo Emerson 



My great grandmother, Florence Lingard (left) with her sister and brother.


"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory. "
~ Betty Smith

My Great-great Grandmother, Charlotte Florentine Blankenship

 And my Great-great Grandfather, Spencer Manly Lecky


"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt


 My Grandmother, Virginia, with her family...including my father, Daniel.

My father, Daniel (right), with his brother:

My father with me:



"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself." ~John Gregory Brown


"You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."  ~Desmond Tutu


 My great-grandmother, Ruth Mallory (above, right) and her daughters: Peggy (left) and my grandmother Faye (right) below.



"They... threw themselves into the interests of the rest, but each plowed his or her own furrow.  Their thoughts, their little passions and hopes and desires, all ran along separate lines.  Family life is like this - animated, but collateral. ~Rose Macaulay

 My Grandfather, Clinton Logan (above,right).

 My mother with my grandfather, Clinton Logan and grandmother, Faye Mallory.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
~ Ferris Bueller

 My mother with her brothers...

"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer."  ~Jim Carrey


 My mother, Terry, with me.



"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told:  "I am with you kid.  Let's go."  ~Maya Angelou

 With my brothers and sisters...

" A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self."  ~Marian Sandmaier

 "Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply...
~Jane Austen
 
My Grandpa  James Hamilton Cline and me...

With my grandmother, Faye.


"To succeed in life, you need three things:  a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."  ~Reba McEntire








"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."  ~Havelock Ellis

"And there is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness and truth."
                                        -Leo Tolstoy 


" The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children's children.  It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone.  It is in us that their history becomes a future."  ~ Charles and Ann Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails