Because the liver's job is to clear toxins from the body, a liver cleanse can be very helpful for getting things back on track.
This smoothie gently flushes the liver and gallbladder. It can even flush gall stones. And it really tastes great!
Drink this for breakfast or dinner every day for six consecutive days.
Here's the simple, simple recipe:
Into a blender, place the following-
Juice of 1 lemon
3 chopped tablespoons of fresh parsley (I use more)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
1/4 apple with peel (optional)
Add just enough water to thin to your liking (do this last) and add a little ice, if desired.
Blend well and serve.
This is truly refreshing and delicious...and good for the whole family!
Benefits of these amazing ingredients for those who want to know:
- Raw parsley cleanses the blood, keeping it clean
- It can lessen the deposits left on the veins
- Parsley allows the elasticity of the blood vessels to stay the way they are
- Parsley is said to treat temporary deafness and ear infections
- Chewing parsley can cure bad breath
- *Reducing Depression
- Bananas contain tryptophan, an aminoacid that can be converted to serotonin, leading to improved mood
- *Blood Pressure
- Bananas are extremely high in potassium (about 4673mg), yet very low in sodium (1mg), thus having a perfect ratio for preventing high blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
- This is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without ulcer distress.
- *Stress Relief
- Bananas are high in potassium, which helps normalize the hearthbeat and regulate the body's water balance.
- Ginger has carminative properties (anti spasmic) and can be used to calm in upset stomach, providing relief for the relief of bloating and gas.
- The intake of ginger helps stimulate the secretion of mucus, quieting your cough and soothing any scratchiness I your throat.
- Ginger has been proven (in multiple studies) to treat feelings of nausea, particularly in the form of seasickness, morning sickness, motion sickness and as a side effect of chemotherapy.
- Ginger contains anti viral, anti toxic, and anti fungal properties, and is used for the prevention of and treatment against the common cold.
- Ginger acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.
- Ginger displays anti inflammatory properties and can be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and various other muscular disorders. The chemical components of the root are instrumental in inhibiting the biosynthesis of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing inflammation. Thus the root has proven to be a highly effective form of treatment, in some cases, even more so than the NSAID's that are traditionally prescribed.
- Ginger contains special enzymes responsible for catalyzing the proteins in your food, thus aiding in digestion and the prevention of cramps. The ancient Greeks used to eat ginger after a large meal in order to ease the digestion process.
- Due to its promotion of mucus secretion, ginger protects against the development of ulcers, unwanted holes in the lining of your stomach.
- Ginger has proven to help lower your cholesterol levels and prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Ginger is often used to settle an upset stomach or treat severe stomach ailments such as dyspepsia or colic. It is frequently used today in developing countries to treat diarrhea.
* Lemon fruit is full of vitamin C and excellent in fighting disease that's related to infection and eating some of the peel helps guard against skin cancer.
* Taken internally, olive oil stimulates metabolism, promotes digestion and lubricates mucous membranes. It can also be applied externally to treat dry skin. Warm olive oil applied to the skin and help relieve internal or external inflammation caused by injury or disease.
- Apples are a rich source of flavonoid and polyphenols both are powerful antioxidants.
- Studies show that by eating 100g of apple can give an antioxidant effect that equal to taking about 1,500mg of vitamin C.
- Apples contain a large amount of minerals and vitamins that can strengthen the blood.
- Apples contain malic acid and tartaric acid, that can help prevent disturbances of the liver and digestion.
- Raw Apple cider vinegar when used as beverage can help to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- The skin of Apples contain pectin that can help remove toxic substances from the system by supplying galacturonic acid. Pectin helps prevent protein matter in the intestine from spoiling.
- Eating an apple daily can lower cholesterol and reduce skin diseases.
Here's to VIBRANT health!