Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Autumn

My favorite time of the year! 
The mellowness of the sunshine, the beauty of the ever-changing colors.


Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot


If only it could last for months...but around here the snow usually flies fairly early.

We've been busy- enjoying the season as much as possible:







Carving of the jack-o-lanterns...
They hardly needed my help this year.  I wasn't sure if I was sad or thankful not to stick my hand in a cold, wet pumpkin!


The annual candy spread and swap:



A fun-filled night- the kids invited around 20 friends over.
They all played Capture the Flag, Kick the Can and other games, ate snacks and warmed up with hot apple cider.



Fall party at church- lots of great costumes, tons of chili and fun for the kids.





Winterizing the boat, helping Dad change the brakes...getting things done before cold weather!

Taking walks as often as possible:



Cuddling up with furry friends


Enjoying weather cool enough to cook in!

We made Bierocks or Runza- everyone gathered to help.  It was one of those afternoons where we all had the bug to cook something wonderful.  Even our oldest daughter came over to help.
I plan to post the recipe soon.


Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.  ~Stanley Horowitz

 Are you enjoying your Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails