Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Surprise

Coming home from church today, we did a double take when noticing a baby goat in the pasture.  

I've been waiting (somewhat) patiently for my Lamancha doe, Ember, to kid.  Not knowing her dates for certain, it's been a wait and see period of time.  She chose a fine Sunday morning to gift me with two adorable kids- a little gray and white buckling and a black and white doeling.

 A Valentine surprise!  My 14 year old daughter sprinted to the pasture and leapt over the fence in her excitement. 
The Man of the House grinning at me,  I ran inside the house to grab my farm boots as it had rained all night and was pretty mucky out.  I then took my time inspecting the little sweethearts in my church skirt and rubber boots.  
We gave mom some sweet grain, dipped their umbilical cords in iodine and made sure they looked fed.  

 This gift was SO much better than a box of chocolates. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails