Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Year, Another Birthday

They keep comin'.  

Year after year...and now I'm realizing Dolly Parton was right when she said, “Time marches on and sooner or later you realize it is marching across your face.” 
Steel Magnolias (1989)

Time does march on and leaves its trace behind.  Still, I'm SO blessed!  Blessed to have my little girls bring me breakfast in bed, to have a tender embrace from my husband before he cleans the entire kitchen, blessed to have my children gather around to celebrate their mother's birthday, blessed to have birthday hugs and messages from family near and far.
 I feel so loved!

Even though I don't always relish the idea of growing older...and older, I don't think I'd give up one laugh line.  'Cause I've got lots- and the memories that created them are precious!

 Content copyright © 2012 by Jessa at Graceful Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails