Friday, June 24, 2011

Moving



When we were younger, moving was an adventure!  
What would our next home look like, our new town have to offer?
Which restaurants or local stores would become our new favorites?
Who would we meet and then become our good friends?

Now I find that the older I get, the more I just want to stay put. 
Because everywhere you live and then leave, you also leave behind a part of yourself.
That's the hardest.
My children also realize this and they, too, have mixed feelings.

Would I feel as sad if it were January, not June?  Probably, but leaving my home when everything is blossoming , my peas are producing, butterflies are fluttering about and the fire pit is begging for marshmallows.....is just that much harder.


I remind myself daily of the reasons we wanted to move in the first place.
And when I'm packing box after box and wishing I was somewhere swimming instead,  I think of family holidays to come, sunsets in farm country, the sound of irrigation sprinklers in summer and all of our old favorite places.

It helps.


Content copyright © 2011 by Jessa at Graceful Landing

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all will be close again! I miss having you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails