Saturday, July 24, 2010

Jess Cooks- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes!

This morning I was up at 6.
I spent some time outdoors, breathing in the glorious summer morning.
Enjoyed some quiet time for thoughts.
Fed and stroked the cat; listened to the purring.
Slapped at a few mosquitoes.
Slapped at a few more.
Headed back inside.


Once inside, I cooked up a wonderful breakfast for the family.
Normally, this is something I would save for a special fall or winter morn.
But this recipe was calling to me.

I thought of this great old cartoon:







I could already imagine the fragrance of this breakfast winding its way downstairs and throughout the house; finding the snoozing children and teasing their noses awake.

I'm happy to say it worked!
Okay, maybe I had to prod a few of the bodies and call them by name before they actually rolled out of bed.  But, they were happy once they were up.  
And that's always a good thing.























Here is the recipe:


  • 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
  • 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
  • 2 whole Eggs Beaten
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup ( I used regular pancake syrup)
  • ¼ cups Butter, Melted
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla

Preparation Instructions

In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with a whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syurp, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides.
Serve warm with icing drizzled over the top.

*My icing was a simple mixture of a little melted butter, powdered sugar, milk and maple extract.  (To go with the pancake theme)

This fabulous recipe is courtesy of Sapeylissy and can be found here.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like the kind of pancakes I'm making every morning. It's literally a tower of pancakes! lol! Well, with four kids plus hubby, you really need a lot of those to feed them each morning, lol! And of course with that goes at least 3 different syrup or toppings. Yesterday, they had whipped cream, blueberry jam, and condensed milk, :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails