Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Eats!

We had so much fun on our trip, I have to finish up by mentioning  the great places where we partook of food.

We decided to go with restaurants that we'd never been to before- and they were all wonderful.

Great Italian food
Great Mexican food


 Great French-Cajun food:
(Mimi's Cafe)



 A unique restaurant where we didn't eat (waiting to take the kids there when we take them to the zoo) but you can actually eat in the cockpit of the plane!


 And for our last night there, great seafood:
(Joe's Crab Shack)
 The Man of the House went wild with the bucket of crab.  Normally he would never bring himself to pay for crab...having lived in Oregon and caught so many in the ocean for free.
 He had to admit that it tasted great.

I ordered the more sedate fish and chips....
 and spent some time carving on the wall behind the booth.  It's okay, they let you.  : )
It says, "M + J = 21 + 4-EVER."

I guess I could have put more thought into something  a bit more eloquent....but I was hungry ( we had spent the day trekking all over) and I have virtually no carving experience and my pen wasn't working well and.....okay no more excuses.

Plus, after dinner, we walked it off next door at the mall and took some groovy photos:


 Which made our trip more, like, totally awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    I LOVE your photos!!! Time away with our hubbies is so important :)
    Makes me a little jealous, I think maybe I'm ready to run away for a few days!!!
    Hope to see you soon :)
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails