Thursday, April 8, 2010

Silly Rabbit, Kids are for fun!

Kids are Kooky.  And fun.

Like when they're left to their own devices outdoors and they stick their own hands with thorns to "prove their loyalty to the tribe" .
I'm not sure what tribe they were a part of this day- but they were enjoying themselves immensely.
And to think of all the times in the past that they whimpered and cried when they accidentally got slivers.  Geesh!

 Kids are also Cooky.
I love it when they make up their own menus, cook a meal and serve it as waiters.  Or waitresses.  Or waitpersons.  Whatever.
All I know is I get excellent service and delicious food!





















Eggs over-easy with French toast, anyone?










I also love it when I ask them a question about their school work or chores or major life goals; 
And they slide further down in their chairs- and put their feet on the table- and make goofy faces- and try to avoid giving me answers.  : )




So for Easter, I decided to spice things up a bit for them.   We didn't have much in the way of plans and several kids were getting over colds.  

I put off the inevitable Easter candy for as long as I could.  But there it was, still in bags and staring me in the face.  And though I tried to ignore it, the kids' holiday candy fever began.  


So, early in the morning I hid their candy outdoors. 
Gotta make them work for it, right?  


Then I wrote up an individual clue for each child.  
Things like: 

"Through the miniature forest lies your Easter joy, Gump." 

for my youngest son.


and; "Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...that's what little boys are made of.  (And little girls like them, too!)

for J, who is into catching garter snakes right now;
in a certain spot in the yard.
 
Or: "Hitch your wagon to the stars!"
(And give the dogs a ride, too.)

 






                                                                                   
"Aw Mom, that was too easy!"

Sorry baby- little baby Boo.  My little sugar blossom.    You are still my baby.

And, last but not least:
"Oh the many joyful hours spent changing solid to liquid!"
for my middle son, who has spent the winter keeping the steer's water drinkable during the consistently freezing temperatures.

And who seems impervious to cold himself , dressed in shorts and barefoot on this chilly Easter morn!

 I believe his words were, "Are you serious?!"

 As he raced in desperation to retrieve his booty. 



Aah, the joys of having children! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails