Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jessica Bakes! Amazing Carrot Cake




Years ago....perhaps 18 or so.....I found this recipe for carrot cake.
The  gentleman I got it from said his wife married him for this very recipe.

It's powerful stuff, folks.

Through the years I've made it many times- much to the delight of family members.  
For my sister's birthday
For my husband's birthday
For Easter
And just about any other time I can justify making such a rich dessert.

'Cause it's rather addictive!

Let's get started.

You'll need the following items in the following amounts:
(frosting ingredients and directions further below)

2 cups sugar, 1 1/4 cups oil, 3 eggs, 
2 tsp. vanilla, 2 1/4 cups flour, 2 tsp. cinnamon,
1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. allspice, 
2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt,
1 cup finely shredded carrots,
1 cup carrot baby food,
2 cups flaked coconut
8oz. crushed pineapple w/ juice
1 cup raisins and 1 cup chopped pecans 
(both are optional and I can never add them as my family prefers it without)


Now here are the simple directions:
Add ingredients together in order and mix well.  
Pour into 3 greased 8" round pans.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
(They should be nice and brown when done)


Frosting:
12 oz. softened cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla- I usually add a bit more
1/4 cup milk- I prefer whole or evaporated
3-4 cups powdered sugar
Beat together and frost on completely cooled cake.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails