Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Morning


The Man of the House arrived home last night after a week spent with his mom and brother on the coast of Oregon.  Visiting relatives, cleaning family graves, reconnecting.

 Easter is an amazing time - how I love these 'stopping points' throughout the year.  Times to pause, ponder and pray.  We live such busy lives, full of many good things.  But I believe in the good, better, best principle.  It's the challenge of this era in which we live to choose and choose wisely what will fill our time.

 For me, personally, I try to fill my life with family, work, wholesome foods, books and activities. Even within these categories, there is still the good, better, best principle to apply.  It will always be a matter of finding balance.

This Easter morn, I am filled with gratitude for
Quiet spring mornings
Familiar faces of those I love
The gift of a strong body and mind
The usefulness of work and the brilliant effect it has on one's soul
Green life in the form of trees and grasses, newly sprouting vegetables and flowers
The comfort of a good night's sleep beside my husband
The sparkling eyes of a grandchild enjoying Easter's bounties
The laughter of my mother and her good sense of humor
My sister's constant, patient friendship
The opportunity to watch my children grow and mature
 Nieces and nephews whom I adore
Family....with all their quirks and weaknesses....they are beautiful to me
Peace of living in the country
The Atonement

The Atonement- Christ's gift to us.  At- One- Ment.  To be at one with His teachings, His wisdom.
Truly, in those rare moments when I think I have it, think I have reached my goals in living His ways, I know true bliss and deep peace.  
This may last for a few minutes to a few weeks as I am only human and mortal life has challenges.  But I have tasted it- and know it for the great gift it is if only in remembrance.


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 28-30





No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails