Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Score.



Yesterday, The Man of the House and I celebrated our 20th anniversary. Twenty years. A score. Time can sure fly by. What did we do, you might ask? Well, we celebrated over the weekend with breakfast out and later, a movie. I think we even priced new carpet. Nothing too fancy, but you see, our main celebrating will be taking place with a much-needed vacation! Relaxation, visiting family, even camping at the beach and some fishing. I can't wait to dip my toes in the Pacific Ocean again.
I am not going to dwell on the idea of traveling across many states in order to do this. Nor am I going to imagine those long hours in a vehicle with many crowded, whiny children. No, I'm not. I refuse.
Instead, I will focus on the fun ahead and the magicalness (yes, that can be a word) of 20 years of marriage. After all, marriage can make magic and take magic to stay strong. Believe me, I know.
As I look into my husband's eyes, I still see the young man I married. I still love to watch him watch funny movies. I love to watch his chuckling turn into full-fledged, choking laughter....rolling around, trying to get air and almost falling of the couch. I love that he calls me every day from work just to see how I'm doing. That he has worked so hard for twenty years to support our family. I love that he is such a good, caring father. That he hides his chocolate-covered cherries from Christmas every year and slowly savors them for weeks while we have all eaten ours. Okay, maybe I don't love that about him.
But I do so love the man he has become. I want to have six more children with him......!




Halloween mistake- me as a medieval princess of some sort, The Man of the House as half of 'Beavis and Butthead'. (I'm not sure which one he was- but his friend made up the other half.)


Our wedding day; married aboard a paddle-wheeler on the river.


High school dance



And, a few photos of the fruits of our marriage....
actually, our pot of gold, our lucky charms, our
family jewels....you get the idea.

~ All Because Two People Fell In Love ~










2 comments:

  1. That's sweet! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your sweetheart. I love the photos! Too funny about the chocolate cherries. I get those for Kurt every year too, and he hides them under his side of the bed and eats them all. :0)

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails